The perfect mix of chewy and crispy, these bars travel well, cut and wrapped individually or packed in an air tight container.
Blueberry-Peach Crumble Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 2½ cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with baking spray with flour.
- For crumble: In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour, sugars, cornmeal, salt, cinnamon, and zest; pulse until combined. Add cold butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add egg yolks, pulsing until a loose dough forms. Stir in almonds. Firmly pat 4½ cups mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Reserve remaining crumble.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, stir together peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Pour over crust; top with reserved crumble.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.