Fresh peaches and blueberries melt together beneath a layer of buttery crumble in this quintessential summer cobbler. Pick up our new issue for seven more sweet skillet cobblers!
Makes about 8 servings
Write a review
- 6 to 8 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 8 medium peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, blueberries, bourbon, 1⁄3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1⁄3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add cream, stirring gently just until dough forms. Spoon fruit mixture into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; top with crumbled dough. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/