Store-bought piecrust is an easy way to add a “pie” look to any cobbler.
Makes 8 servings.
Write a review
- 12 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine peaches, blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Drain fruit mixture in a colander; discard liquid. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cornstarch. Spoon mixture into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll one piecrust. Lightly brush with water; top with second piecrust. Roll to 1⁄4 inch thick. Cut dough into 11⁄4-inch-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice design. Trim excess dough extending past edges of dish. Brush lattice with beaten egg, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 45 to 50 minutes. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.)
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/