We love a classic BLT in the summertime, and these panini-pressed BLT Paninis with Bacon Mayo variation are no exception.
BLT Paninis with Bacon Mayo
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons Bacon Mayo (recipe follows)
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 (¼-inch) slices tomato
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat a panini press or stovetop griddle to medium-high heat.
- Make a 5-inch cut from the edge to the center of each tortilla.
- Spread surface of each tortilla with 3 tablespoons Bacon Mayo. With the cut pointing toward you, lay 2 leaves of lettuce on the right bottom quarter. Moving counterclockwise, lay two slices of tomato on the top right quarter. Then add 4 slices bacon and half the sliced avocado to the top left quarter. Add 1 slice cheese to the final bottom left quarter. Starting with the lettuce quarter, fold on top of tomato. Then fold over the bacon and avocado and, finally, over the cheese; press gently to adhere. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Lightly grease griddle with olive oil. Place paninis on griddle and grease top with olive oil. Cook until paninis are golden on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 cup
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- ⅔ to ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, making sure it lines up with the sides of the sheet. Line bacon on foil; bake until crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon and let cool on a paper towel. Reserve bacon for paninis.
- Pour leftover bacon fat into a 1-cup liquid measuring cup. Pour enough vegetable oil over the bacon fat to reach 1 cup of total fat, if needed. (If you have 1 cup of bacon fat, you can use that.)
- In the work bowl of a small food processor or blender, combine egg, lemon juice, and garlic. With the food processor on, slowly drizzle oil mixture in. Continue to mix until mixture has thickened and emulsified. Add salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.