We channeled New Orleans po’ boys to create these hearty, spicy sandwiches.
Blackened Catfish Po’ Boys
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) catfish fillets, skinned
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning*
- Toasted French bread, green leaf lettuce, and sliced tomato, to serve
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, Creole seasoning, relish, vinegar, and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle catfish with blackened seasoning. Add fish; cook, turning once, until firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture onto cut sides of bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, and catfish. Serve immediately.
*We used Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning.