Mashed blackberries add a beautiful garnet hue to this refreshing iced tea.
Blackberry Iced Tea
Makes about 3 quarts
- 3 quarts hot water
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Garnish: lemon wedges, fresh blackberries, fresh mint
- In a large container, combine 3 quarts hot water and tea. Let steep for 3 to 4 minutes; remove tea bags.
- In a medium bowl, mash 1½ cups blackberries; stir in sugar and lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature; refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher; discard solids. Stir in remaining ½ cup blackberries, lemon slices, and mint.
- Serve tea over ice. Garnish with lemons, blackberries, and mint, if desired.