Blackberry Hand Pies
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup Blackberry Jam
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll each piecrust. Using a 5-inch round cutter, cut 8 rounds from piecrusts, rerolling scraps once.
- Dollop 2 tablespoons Blackberry Jam in center of each round. Brush cream around edge of rounds. Fold dough over filling, crimping edges with a fork to seal. Place pies on prepared pan. Cut 3 small vents in top of each pie to release steam. Brush each pie with remaining cream; sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on pan.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s May/June 2017 issue!