Prepared blackberry preserves—or your favorite homemade recipe— help these buttery crumble bars come together in a snap.
Blackberry Crumble Bars
Makes about 16
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (13-ounce) jar blackberry preserves*
- 1½ cups blackberries, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat oats, flour, butter, brown sugar, and baking soda with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Press two-thirds of mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spread blackberry preserves onto crust, and top with blackberries and zest. Sprinkle with remaining crumble mixture. Bake 20 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan. Slice, and store in an airtight container.
*We used Bonne Maman.