Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Write a review
- 8 cups black eyed peas (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup homemade lard (or store bought)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced fresh jalapeños
- 1/2 cup salted pork
- salt to taste
- In a stock pot, bring black eyed peas to a boil.
- Add lard and salted pork, cook 5 min longer.
- Add onions and jalapenos, cook 6 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 10 more minutes. Add salt if needed.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Check peas for tenderness and enjoy!
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/