Biscuits and Pot Pie Gravy
Try this with our Extra-Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to serve
- 8 large biscuits, split
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown at edges, 7 to 10 minutes. Add flour and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and broth; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots, salt, and pepper; cook until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Place each biscuit in a serving dish and top with gravy and pepper.