Pulled pork from your favorite local barbecue spot will shine atop these flavor-packed BBQ Deviled Eggs.
BBQ Deviled Eggs
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup pulled smoked pork
- In a small saucepan, cook vinegar, sugar, and salt over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in onion. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled. Drain well.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Separate yolks from whites. Rinse egg whites and pat dry.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray grill with cooking spray. Place egg whites, cut side down, and grill until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, mash egg yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, dry mustard, paprika, and pepper, stirring until smooth. Fold in half of pickled onion. Transfer to a piping bag.
- In a small bowl, stir together pork and remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce.
- Cut a ¼-inch opening in piping bag. Evenly pipe egg yolk mixture into wells of egg whites. Top with pork mixture and remaining pickled onion.