BBQ Bloody Marys
Write a review
- 8 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce or to taste
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Lime wedges
- Lemon wedges
- Celery salt
- Garnish: cherry tomatoes, celery stalks, boiled shrimp, pickled okra, olives, pickled green beans
- In a large pitcher, combine tomato juice, vodka, barbecue sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, celery salt, and horseradish.
- Moisten rim of each glass with a lime or lemon wedge; dip rims in celery salt. Fill glasses with ice and tomato-juice mixture. Garnish with lime wedges, lemon wedges, tomatoes, celery, shrimp, okra, olives, and green beans, if desired.
- Note: Use a barbecue sauce that’s not too sweet or thick, such as a Carolina or Memphis style.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/