Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
Yields: About 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons clover honey
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, halved, and cut crosswise into sections
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved, and cut crosswise into sections
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, thyme, honey, salt, pepper, and mustard. Add vegetables to oil mixture, tossing until well combined. Spread vegetables evenly on prepared pans.
- Bake until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring and rotating pans once halfway through baking.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving platter. Garnish with thyme, if desired.