Hearty and warm, this Baked Strawberry Oatmeal is delicious served with a splash of cream and a drizzle of cane syrup.
Baked Strawberry Oatmeal
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh Florida strawberries, sliced and divided
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: cane syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Place half of strawberries in prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, sugar, 1⁄3 cup pecans, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined; add to pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, orange zest and juice, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over oats. Top with remaining strawberries and remaining 1⁄3 cup pecans.
- Bake until center is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Top with melted butter. Drizzle with cane syrup, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/