These crispy crackers are sweet and savory with a hint of spice, and we guarantee you’ll be reaching for seconds.
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 15 slices center-cut bacon, sliced in half lengthwise
- 30 saltine crackers
- Yellow mustard, to serve
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, and red pepper.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice diagonally across the front of 1 cracker, wrapping straight up the back and diagonally across the front again to create an X pattern. Fold any remaining bacon to the back side. Repeat process with remaining bacon and crackers. Place on prepared pans. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve with mustard, if desired.