The perfect mix of casual and elegant, this dish is great for company.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1 (8-ounce) package sugar snap peas
- 1 (8-ounce) package green peas
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Wrap each chicken thigh tightly with 2 pieces of bacon; secure with wooden picks.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until bacon is browned, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Place skillet in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; discard wooden picks.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sugar snap peas; cook until tender. Add green peas, cream, mustard, and dill, stirring until thickened. Return chicken to skillet. Garnish with dill, if desired.