Bacon & Smoked Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
These sandwiches get a double hit of smoky flavor from the bacon and cheese.
- 8 slices smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 8 slices sourdough bread, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- Divide Cheddar and bacon among half of bread slices. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, and cook until cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 2 sandwiches.
Our [url href="https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/sweet-potato-chorizo-soup/" target="_blank"]Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup[/url] goes perfectly with this Bacon & Smoked Cheddar Grilled Cheese. Try them both for the ultimate easy supper.
Find more perfect pairings like these in our newest edition of Taste of the South magazine.