Loaded with crisp pieces of bacon and sautéed onion, these juicy burgers will be your new go-to recipe.
Write a review
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 pounds ground round beef (90% lean, 10% fat)
- 11⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- Toppings: romaine lettuce, ketchup, sliced red onion
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add onion to skillet; cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove onion with drippings, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bacon, cooked onion, salt, and pepper. Divide mixture into 8 portions, and shape each portion into a 5-inch patty.
- In same skillet, cook burgers in batches until desired degree of doneness is reached, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Add cheese during last minute of cooking.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, ketchup, and red onion.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/