This four-ingredient recipe is perfect for parties, potlucks, or tailgates. If you don’t have small skillets, use a 10-inch skillet.
Yields: Makes 12
- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 6 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¾ cup pimiento cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly, warmed
- FIRST Preheat oven to 400°.
- NEXT Heat 3 (5½-inch) cast-iron skillets over medium-high heat. Divide bacon among skillets; cook, stirring frequently, until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Leave drippings in pan.
- NEXT Spoon pimiento cheese into pepper halves. Place 4 prepared pepper halves in each skillet.
- LAST Bake until cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with bacon, and drizzle with warm pepper jelly.