A delicious combination of Southern staples, this recipe is a crowd pleaser.
Bacon Cornbread Salad
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 3 cups cubed cornbread, toasted
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped thick-cut dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Garnish: ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, gently combine cornbread, bacon, tomatoes, celery, onion, and pickles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, pickle juice, and mustard. Pour half of dressing over salad, tossing gently to coat. Serve with remaining dressing. Garnish with pepper, if desired.