Two go-to quick breads come together to create these savory goodies that can be served with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Bacon and Cheese Biscuit Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup finely chopped cooked bacon (about 6 slices)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup cold whole buttermilk
- Garnish: finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder, baking soda, and pepper. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, bacon, and chives. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups, pressing into an even layer.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Using a butter knife or a small offset spatula, loosen edges of muffins; immediately remove from pan. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.