Our Bacon-Biscuit Dressing combines two decidedly southern ingredients to create intense flavor.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 large biscuits, broken into pieces (about 5 cups)
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 4-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, set bacon aside; reserve drippings in skillet. Add onion, celery, and apple to drippings; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, approximately 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together onion mixture, bacon, biscuits, and remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake until top is golden brown and dressing is firm to the touch, 45 to 50 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/