“When my boys challenged me to come up with the ‘best burger ever,’ this recipe was born. The extra bacon sealed the deal!”
—Leigh Breedlove Kimberling of St. Louis, Missouri
Yield: approximately 8 burgers
Write a review
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared pimiento cheese
- 8 Homemade Hamburger Buns (link to recipe below)
- Toppings: cooked bacon, sliced tomatoes, barbecue sauce, grilled Vidalia onions
- In a large bowl, gently combine beef, crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 8 (1-inch-thick) patties. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable grill spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Grill patties, uncovered, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip patties; cook 2 minutes more. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons pimiento cheese. Cover, and cook until cheese has melted and burgers reach desired degree of doneness, approximately 2 minutes more.
- Transfer burgers to a warm platter. Serve burgers on Homemade Hamburger Buns with bacon, tomato, barbecue sauce, and grilled onion, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipe
Recipes courtesy Leigh Breedlove Kimberling