Baby Rack Ribs
Write a review
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (2½-pound) racks baby back ribs
- In a medium bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, mustard, paprika, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Remove thin membrane from back of ribs by piercing it with a sharp knife and pulling it off.
- Rub chili-powder mixture evenly over ribs. Wrap ribs in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap, and wrap ribs in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Preheat one side of grill to medium-low (250° to 300°).
- Grill ribs over indirect heat, with grill lid closed, turning occasionally, until very tender, 6 to 8 hours. Serve immediately.
- Note: Ribs can be made ahead and refrigerated. To serve, reheat, wrapped in foil, in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/