Tangy tomato chutney complements the bright flavors in this quick-fix side dish.
Asparagus and Peas with Tomato Chutney Vinaigrette
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large Dutch oven, bring water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus; cook for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook for 1 minute. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato chutney, vinegar, shallot, pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle vinaigrette over blanched asparagus and peas.
Find more spring greens in our March/April issue of Taste of the South Magazine.