The warm vinaigrette makes this already flavorful salad simply irresistible. You can make the vinaigrette ahead of time — simply reheat just before serving.
Arugula Salad with Persimmon, Bacon, and Blue Cheese
Yield: 6 servings
Write a review
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 cups lightly packed arugula
- 3 ripe fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat in skillet. Set bacon aside to cool.
- Add onion to skillet; cook until softened and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Divide arugula and persimmon among 6 salad plates. Pour hot vinegar mixture over salads. Top with bacon, cheese, and pecans. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/