This luscious dip is best served hot and bubbly straight from the skillet, but be warned, it won’t last long!
Artichoke and Collards Dip
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) bags thawed frozen collard greens, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Pita chips or tortilla chips, to serve
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Whisk in cream, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened and smooth. Add Cheddar, ¼ cup Parmesan, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, hot sauce, collard greens, and artichoke hearts, stirring to combine. Cook until just heated through.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Transfer skillet to oven and broil on middle rack until bubbly and golden, about 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chips.