Creole flavors come to life in this rich and creamy Andouille and Shrimp Pasta.
Andouille and Shrimp Pasta
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package andouille sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2½ teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: sliced green onion, Creole seasoning
- Half sausage lengthwise and slice into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Season shrimp with 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and cook, turning occasionally, until firm and pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add yellow onion, bell peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Add cream and simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Add pasta, green onion, sausage, and shrimp; simmer until heated through and creamy. Fold in cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and salt. Garnish with green onion and Creole seasoning, if desired.