These Ambrosia Muffins get a double dose of flavor from coconut milk in the batter and sweetened flaked coconut on top.
Yield: 18 muffins
Write a review
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For muffins: In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut milk, pineapple, canola oil, eggs, and zest. Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in cherries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- For topping: In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, butter, pecans, coconut, salt, and zest until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter-filled cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/