Serve up these easy, tasty cracklin’s, and your guests won’t believe they came from your air fryer.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pound pork belly, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Place onion in a small bowl. In a small pot, bring vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour vinegar mixture over onion. Refrigerate for 2 hours and let cool completely until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine pork belly, Cajun seasoning, and baking soda, stirring until well coated.
- Preheat air fryer to 250°.
- Arrange pork belly in an even layer in air fryer. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn pork belly chunks.
- Increase temperature to 400°. Cook, shaking air fryer basket occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot with pickled red onion.
*We used Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning.