This zesty and refreshing bake will brighten up your Father’s Day spread.
7-UP® Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (10-cup) Bundt cake
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups unbleached cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup 7-UP soda, room temperature
- Lemon-Lime Glaze (recipe follows)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons 7-UP soda, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in zests and juices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in three additions, alternately with soda, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Gently tap pan on countertop, lined with a kitchen towel, about 5 to 6 times to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour and 10 minutes, covering with foil to prevent excess browning after 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, remove pan, and let cool completely. Drizzle with Lemon-Lime Glaze.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and soda until smooth. Use immediately.