This go-to Southern side comes together in a snap.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 to 5 ears)
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped shallot (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 cups cooked Fordhook lima beans, patted dry
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: fresh parsley, fresh basil, ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add corn, bell pepper, shallot, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, vinegar, salt, sugar, red pepper, and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and basil. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with parsley, basil, and black pepper, if desired.