Rich and sweet, this potluck-perfect cake is great served right from the pan.
Toasted Coconut Tres Leches Pound Cake
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and cornstarch with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add 1½ cups flour and 4 eggs, beating until combined. Add remaining 1½ cups flour and remaining 4 eggs, beating until combined. Beat in toasted coconut and coconut extract. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Rinse bowl.
- Bake for 1 hour. Increase oven temperature to 350°, and bake for 15 minutes more.
- In same bowl, combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, and coconut milk. Using a long wooden skewer, poke holes in warm cake. Slowly pour milk mixture over cake. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled before serving. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.