Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 3 pounds strawberries, halved
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, diced
- 3⁄4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. For filling: In a large bowl, gently stir together strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, and salt. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle butter over filling.
- For topping: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, pecans, sugars, and salt. Add butter, combining with fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, approximately 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/