This breakfast casserole is as Southern as it sounds, and rib-sticking good. It’ll quickly become a regular on your breakfast table.
Pimiento Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ pound smoked sausage, such as Conecuh, chopped and divided
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, slightly thawed and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of sausage and half of potato to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Spoon into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining oil, sausage, and potato. Stir in sour cream, pimiento, cheese, milk, green onion, mustard, salt, and eggs; spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake until heated through and cheese melts, approximately 30 minutes.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/