Start this minty-fresh sugar cookie variation with our Basic Sugar Cookie Dough!
Yield: approximately 5 dozen bars
Write a review
- Basic Sugar Cookie Dough (link to recipe at top of page)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating
- ½ (16-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- Prepare Basic Sugar Cookie Dough according to directions through Step 4; add peppermint extract with vanilla in Step 2.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Using a ruler and a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1-inch strips. Cut strips into 3-inch pieces. Repeat with scraps, rerolling dough no more than twice. Bake and let cool as directed in Step 6.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Dip one corner of half of cookies into vanilla-flavored candy coating. Dip one corner of remaining cookies into chocolate-flavored candy coating. Immediately sprinkle with peppermint; place cookies on parchment paper to dry, approximately 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Don't dip too many Peppermint Bars in candy coating at one time. The candy coating will dry before you are able to sprinkle with peppermints.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/