Thanks to sweet cranberries and white chocolate, these cookies will be a quick favorite among family and friends.
Oatmeal-Cranberry-White Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 36
Write a review
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- Garnish: melted white chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Add oats, chopped chocolate, and cranberries; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 1½-tablespoon spring-loaded ice cream scoop, scoop dough, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 3 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Dip or drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South‘s December 2016 issue!