This hearty, creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the ultimate comfort food, and so easy to make! Find even more tasty soups in our 2016 Southern Slow Cooker SIP, available online.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Write a review
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Garnish: crumbled cooked bacon, chopped, fresh dill, shredded Cheddar cheese, ground black pepper
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, 1½ cups water, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours or until tender, or on low 9 hours. Using a potato masher, mash to desired consistency. Stir in cream and remaining ½ cup water, if needed. Garnish servings with bacon, dill, cheese, and pepper, if desired.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/