Flourless Chocolate Cake
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, such as Ghirardelli
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, such as Ghirardelli
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; spray with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, combine chocolates and butter. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water, being careful not to let bottom of bowl touch water. Cook over low heat, whisking until melted. Remove from heat. Add sugar and eggs, whisking until well combined. Stir in cocoa. Pour batter into prepared pan. 3. Bake until a thin crust forms on top, approximately 25 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cocoa, if desired.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/