Country Ham and Gruyère
Write a review
- ½ cup chopped country ham
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook ham over medium-high heat, stirring often, until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Add butter to skillet; place in oven.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together eggs, mustard, flour, milk, cream, salt, and pepper until blended, about 5 to 10 seconds. Remove skillet from oven. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Bake until mixture puffs and is light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with reserved ham, cheese, chives, and tarragon. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/