Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 cup instant brown rice
5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
½ cup frozen green peas
½ cup shredded carrot
¼ cup sliced green onion
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic salt (optional)
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring until scrambled. Remove eggs from pan; wipe pan.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together remaining 3 teaspoons oil, chicken, and ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add sesame oil, cooked rice, and peas to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Gently stir in eggs, carrot, green onion, soy sauce, and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic salt, if desired.