Yield: 1 (13x9-inch) pot pie
8 tablespoons butter, divided
1½ cups diced onion
1½ cups diced celery
1½ cups diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons ground red curry powder
1½ teaspoons salt, divided
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups cooked white rice
1/3 cup golden raisins
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ (16-ounce) package phyllo dough
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, red bell pepper, almonds, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. (If almonds or garlic begins to burn, reduce heat).
3. Sift flour over onion mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until flour begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, stirring to remove any clumps. Cook until mixture begins to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Add half-and-half, stirring to combine. Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add curry powder and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Stir in chicken, rice, raisins, and parsley. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
4. Unfold phyllo sheets. Scrunch sheets into small balls. Top chicken mixture with phyllo balls.
5. In a small microwavable bowl, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Brush melted butter over phyllo dough. Sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
6. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.