Yield: 1 (10-inch) deep-dish pie
1 (14.4-ounce) box chocolate
1⁄3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
1 large egg white
1½ (15-ounce) cans pumpkin purée
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon ground coriander
¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon salt
Frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine graham crackers, sugar, chili powder, and salt. Pulse until mixture is finely ground. Add melted butter and egg white, pulsing until crumbly.
3. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or removable-bottom tart pan. Line crust with parchment paper; add pie weights.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Remove pie weights and parchment paper. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin and marshmallow crème at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth, approximately 3 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar, coconut milk, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, coriander, cardamom, and salt, beating to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
6. Bake until set, approximately 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped topping.