Yield: 4 servings
4 cups crushed cinnamon-flavored cereal, such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups vanilla ice cream
2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1 cup chocolate syrup
Maraschino cherries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet, place crushed cereal. Drizzle with melted butter; stir to combine.
2. Bake, stirring twice, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
3. Line another rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Scoop ice cream into 8 balls, and place on prepared pan. Freeze until hardened, approximately 3 hours.
4. Working quickly, roll ice cream balls in cooled cereal mixture, gently pressing cereal to ice cream. Return balls to pan; freeze until firm, approximately 2 hours.
5. Layer ice cream, whipped topping, and chocolate syrup in 4 glasses. Top with cherries, if desired.