Yield: approximately 8 servings
3 medium squash, cut lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup diced yellow onion
2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (8-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2½-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place squash in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with salt, and let stand for 15 minutes. Press with additional paper towels to remove excess moisture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey and onion until turkey is browned and crumbly, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic salt; mix well.
5. Spread ½ cup tomato mixture in an even layer on bottom of prepared baking dish. Place half of noodles in a single layer over tomato mixture. Place one-third of squash in a single layer on top of noodles. Spread half of ricotta mixture over squash; spread half of turkey mixture over ricotta. Top with half of remaining tomato mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with squash.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; top with mozzarella, and bake until cheese is golden brown, approximately 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.