Recipe courtesy of Courtney Panneton
Yield: 1 fluted cake
½ cup toasted sliced almonds or pecans
1 (16-ounce) container fresh Florida winter strawberries, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices, divided (about 2½ cups)
1½ cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into fourths
½ cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 15-cup fluted pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle nuts evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Top with 1 cup sliced strawberries.
3. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon. Dredge biscuit quarters in sugar mixture. Layer half of biscuit quarters over strawberries in prepared pan. Top evenly with 1 cup sliced strawberries. Layer remaining biscuit quarters over strawberries. Set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine remaining ½ cup strawberries, remaining 1 cup sugar, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Pour over biscuit quarters in pan.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, covering pan with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning if necessary. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert pan onto a serving dish. Serve immediately.