Yield: 8 servings
24 large sea scallops
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon roasted ground coriander, such as McCormick
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried well
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, cut in quarters and seeded
2 lemons, cut into 8 wedges each
2 (5-ounce) containers baby arugula
1 large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
Olive oil for drizzling
1. In a large bowl, combine scallops, avocado oil, coriander, and 1 teaspoon salt. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Place chickpeas on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake until chickpeas are crisp, 12 to 16 minutes.
5. Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to 400° to 450°. Grill lemon wedges until charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill scallops until nicely browned and nearly cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Grill bell pepper until charred, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Slice into thin strips.
6. Divide arugula among 8 salad plates. Arrange scallops, chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, and grilled lemon wedges on arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, and squeeze with grilled lemon wedges.