Yield: 8 servings
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 kaiser rolls with sesame seeds, split
Caramelized Onion Mayonnaise
1 cup stone-ground mustard
2 Braeburn apples, cored and thinly sliced
8 slices Havarti cheese
4 cups arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tenderloins; cook turning occasionally, until browned, approximately 7 minutes. Place pork on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in tenderloin registers 145°, approximately 22 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes.
4. Wrap tenderloins in foil. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Cut into 1⁄4-inch slices.
5. Spread cut sides of rolls with Caramelized Onion Mayonnaise and mustard. Fill rolls with pork, apple slices, cheese, and arugula.