Yield: 1 (8-inch) cheesecake
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
½ cup salted butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup coconut milk
1¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and butter. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of an (8-inch) springform pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, lime juice, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Pour into prepared crust. Wrap aluminum foil tightly around bottom of springform pan.
4. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan. Add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth halfway up sides of springform pan.
5. Bake until center of cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly in the middle, approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Carefully remove cheesecake from roasting pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
6. In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, coconut, and vanilla. Top cheesecake with mixture. Serve immediately.