Yield: approximately 10 cream puffs
½ cup whole milk
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
2½ cups prepared chocolate ice cream Chocolate Port Sauce
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large saucepan, combine milk, butter, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and cocoa. Add flour mixture to milk mixture, stirring to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture pulls away from pan and a thin film forms on the bottom of pan.
4. Place dough in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer. Let cool for 5 minutes. With mixer on medium speed, add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe 10 mounds, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake until puffed and mounds sound hollow when tapped, approximately 18 minutes.
6. Turn off oven. Remove cream puffs, and make a small slit in the side of each. Return to oven; let stand in oven for 20 minutes to dry the insides of cream puffs. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Split each cream puff in half; fill with ice cream. Drizzle with Chocolate Port Sauce. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.